Simple and scrumptious Wholesome Greek Salad made with contemporary tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, pink onion, bell pepper, kalamata olives and feta cheese all tossed with a shiny lemon French dressing!
All of us have these salads we make on repeat and this wholesome Greek salad is unquestionably one among them. This salad is crisp, refreshing and has all the time been my go-to for lunches, particularly within the scorching summer time months. There’s simply one thing so scrumptious about this combo of crunchy veggies, juicy tomatoes, creamy feta cheese and a shiny lemony Greek dressing! Not solely is that this salad easy to make, but it surely’s all the time a crowdpleaser and makes such an excellent summer time aspect dish.
Now you will not discover any lettuce on this salad as a result of it is simply not wanted with all these scrumptious, crisp veggies! You’ll be able to after all throw some lettuce in to bulk up this salad and I do suppose that chopped romaine lettuce provides a pleasant crunch together with some added leafy greens. You may additionally add in some chopped avocado for added creaminess, a protein like chickpeas or rooster, and you could possibly even throw in some pepperoncini peppers for just a little zing.
Elements You may Want
- Tomatoes – I like to make use of grape (or cherry) tomatoes on this salad as a result of they don’t seem to be as watery as bigger tomatoes are typically once you slice them
- Cucumbers – I used mini cucumbers as they are typically much less watery and extra crunchy than bigger cucumbers, English cucumbers work nice too
- pink onions – reduce into skinny slices
- Bell pepper – a crisp inexperienced bell pepper is the right addition to this salad, however any colour bell pepper will do!
- Kalamata olives – I exploit pitted olives which you’ll depart complete or slice them
- Feta cheese – I sliced the feta cheese into 1/2-inch cubes, however you could possibly crumble it over the salad as properly
- Seasoning – I used a mixture of dried oregano and dried basil
- Greek salad dressing – one among my favourite salad dressings EVER! See the recipe under.
Do-it-yourself Greek Salad Dressing
Each salad wants a superb dressing and I feel you all will actually love this one! Greek salad dressings are usually made utilizing a mix of olive oil, pink wine vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard and oregano, however I additionally added in some contemporary lemon juice and basil to actually brighten up these flavors. Easy, scrumptious and one I feel it is best to all the time have readily available within the fridge!
To make this dressing, merely whisk collectively (or shake!) all of the substances in a bowl or mason jar…and that is it! Then simply retailer the dressing in a sealed hermetic container within the fridge till you’re prepared to make use of. This dressing will last as long as 5 days within the fridge, however positively tastes greatest as contemporary as attainable. I additionally wish to make my dressing a couple of hours forward of time earlier than serving in order that these flavors can actually marinate!
The way to Serve Greek Salad
The wonderful thing about this salad is it may be served as an entire meal or loved as a scrumptious aspect dish! Listed below are a few of my favourite methods to serve up this salad:
- Combine in a protein similar to rooster and even chickpeas (you’ll be able to even marinate the rooster within the Greek dressing!)
- Serve alongside my Greek rooster kabobs
- Make it creamy with some chopped avocado
- Throw this salad in a wrap or gyro and drizzle with some tzatziki sauce
- Excellent aspect dish to pizza, soups or sandwiches
Extra Salads You may Love
Hope you all take pleasure in this Wholesome Greek Salad and in case you love this recipe as a lot as we do, please depart me a five-star ranking under and do not forget to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I really like seeing all of your scrumptious recreations!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Whole Time: 15 minutes
For the salads:
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup pink onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, chopped into cubes or crumbled
For the dressings:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pink wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp contemporary lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl or jar, whisk collectively all substances for the dressing till easy and creamy. Retailer within the fridge till able to toss with the salad.
- Chop all of the veggies, ensuring every little thing is roughly the identical dimension, and toss collectively in a big bowl.
- Simply earlier than serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat. Season with extra herbs or cracked black pepper, if desired.
- Serving Dimension: 1/4th of salad
- Energy: 230
- Sugars: 5 g
- Sodium: 487.9 mg
- Fat: 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6 g
- Fibers: 2.1 g
- Proteins: 4.1 g
* Please observe that every one diet data are simply estimates. Values will fluctuate amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.