These delicious Peanut Butter Granola Apple Rings make the perfect after-school snack or fun dessert! Sliced apples drizzled with drippy peanut butter and sprinkled with homemade cinnamon pecan granola studded with chocolate chips!
Here’s a super simple snack that I just know your kids will love! We always have an over-abundance of apples in our house during the fall so finding creative ways to use them is always a fun task. These peanut butter granola apple rings are so easy to make and this homemade cinnamon pecan granola might just be the best part! Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and cinnamon all tossed with pecans and chocolate chips. Then paired with sweet apple slices and drippy peanut butter, I mean does it get any better than that??
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Apples – I personally love honeycrisp apples, but any type of apples will do!
- Peanut butter – this is what allows the granola to stick to the apples and is a great source of protein. You could also use almond butter or any other nut butter
- Rolled oats – I used whole-grain old fashioned rolled oats for this recipe, just make sure they’re certified gluten-free if making GF granola!
- Maple syrup – naturally sweetens the granola and tastes incredible with the warm cinnamon flavor! You could also use honey or other natural sweetener of choice
- Coconut oil – this helps get the granola nice and crispy while giving it that beautiful golden color. You could also use olive oil or canola oil if that’s all you have on hand
- Cinnamon – the perfect fall spice and tastes great with apples
- Pecans – you could also use walnuts, peanuts or any other type of nuts
- Chocolate chips – this is completely optional, but who doesn’t love a little chocolate with your peanut butter? I used mini chocolate chips and mixed them in with the granola as it was cooling so that the chocolate could get slightly melty
How to Make Granola Apple Rings
The most time-consuming part of this whole recipe is making the homemade cinnamon pecan granola so if you don’t have much time (or the ingredients), feel free to just use store-bought granola!
- Mix ingredients for granola. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, chopped pecans, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and cinnamon until everything is all combined. Then spread the granola onto a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper in a nice even layer. As it cools, toss with chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake the granola. Pop the sheet pan of granola in the oven at 325 degrees F and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, stirring the granola halfway through.
- Slice the apples. While the granola is in the oven, slice each apple into 4 even slices and using an apple corer (or knife) make a hole in the center of each slice.
- Assemble! Place peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl (or heat in a small pot on the stove) and heat for about 20 to 30 seconds until peanut butter is smooth and drippy. Drizzle the peanut butter over each apple slice and top with crunchy granola. Enjoy!
More Apple Recipes You’ll Love
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into 8 rings
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 cup cinnamon-pecan granola (see recipe below)
For the Cinnamon-Pecan Granola:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mini chocolate chips (optional)
- To make the granola: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, pecans, maple syrup, coconut oil, and cinnamon until everything is all combined. Spread the granola onto a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper in a nice even layer.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring halfway through. When done baking, let the granola cool completely on the pan. Feel free to sprinkle in some mini chocolate chips once the granola is almost cool (still slightly warm) so that the chocolate chips can get melty.
- Place peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl (or heat in a small pot on the stove) and heat for about 20 to 30 seconds until peanut butter is smooth and drippy.
- Drizzle the peanut butter over each apple slice and top with crunchy granola. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 apple ring
- Calories: 189
- Sugars: 8.5 g
- Sodium: 32.2 mg
- Fats: 11.4 g
- Saturated Fats: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.7 g
- Fibers: 3.8 g
- Proteins: 4.3 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.