Essentially the most scrumptious selfmade Greek Salad Dressing made with easy pantry substances that tastes excellent over salads, veggies, used as a marinade, pasta salads and extra!
I like making selfmade dressings and this Greek salad dressing is actually one which by no means fails me! Easy to throw collectively and made with substances in all probability already sitting in your pantry, it is the proper dressing to throw on salads, drizzle over veggies or you may even use it to marinate rooster, fish or shrimp! No have to buy store-bought salad dressing when it is actually this straightforward to make your personal.
Greek salads are considered one of my favorites to make in the course of the week so having this dressing available in my fridge is all the time a should. Greek salad dressings are usually made utilizing a combination of olive oil, crimson wine vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard and oreganohowever I additionally added in some contemporary lemon juice and basil to essentially brighten up these flavors.
Elements You may Want
This straightforward Greek salad dressing requires just some easy substances that you simply in all probability have already got at dwelling in your pantry or fridge! Here is what you will want:
- Olive oil – I like to make use of a great olive oil that does not must be costly, simply be sure it is cold-pressed and natural for essentially the most taste (in my view)
- Crimson wine vinegar – this provides a pleasant tangy taste that goes excellent with the olive oil and lemon juice
- Lemon – I simply love the brilliant, contemporary taste lemon juice brings to this dressing. Be happy so as to add a bit of little bit of the zest too for much more lemon taste!
- Dijon mustard – this provides a bit of zip and helps to emulsify the dressing
- Garlic – I like to make use of contemporary garlic in my salad dressings, however a 1/4 teaspoon of dried minced garlic or garlic powder will work if that is all you’ve got available
- Seasonings – a mixture of dried oregano, dried basil, salt and pepper
Find out how to Make Greek Salad Dressing
Making selfmade dressings and vinaigrettes are actually SO dang straightforward and takes lower than 5 minutes! Merely whisk collectively (or shake!) all of the substances in a bowl or jar…and that is it! Then simply retailer the dressing in a sealed hermetic container within the fridge till you’re prepared to make use of. This dressing will last as long as 5 days within the fridge, however undoubtedly tastes finest as contemporary as potential. I additionally prefer to make my dressing a couple of hours forward of time earlier than serving in order that these flavors can actually marinate!
I personally prefer to retailer my dressings in mason jars as a result of they’ve a pleasant tight seal, they’re straightforward to take on-the-go, and you’ll simply add all of your substances and provides the jar a great shake!
Methods to Use This Dressing
- Dressing for salads or wraps
- Drizzle over tomatoes, cucumbers and different veggies
- Marinate rooster, shrimp or fish
- Brush over these Greek rooster kabobs
- Add it to quinoa or different grain bowls
- Toss with chickpeas
Extra Dressings You may Love
Hope you all take pleasure in my favourite Greek Salad Dressing and in the event you love this recipe as a lot as we do, please go away me a five-star ranking beneath and remember to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I like seeing all of your scrumptious recreations!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Whole Time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp crimson wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp contemporary lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl or jar, whisk collectively all substances till clean and creamy. Serve instantly or retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge till able to serve.
*This dressing will final within the fridge for as much as 5 days in a sealed hermetic container.
- Serving Dimension: 2 Tbsp
- Energy: 132
- Sugars: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 231 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
- Fibers: 0.3 g
- Proteins: 0.2 g
* Please observe that every one vitamin data are simply estimates. Values will differ amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.